07 January 2008

40.5 hours

With less than 2 days left in the country, I thought that it was maybe time to finally get this blog started.

I'm packed (basically, almost, sort of). And by packed I mean I have thrown a large number of things into suitcases with no real organization whatsoever, and therefore have most likely done something ridiculous like packed three deodorants and no toothbrush. I just need to keep reminding myself that Dublin actually is civilization and will have anything that I forget.

And so I'm past the practical stage. I'm moving out of the sentimental stage--I've said most of my goodbyes already--and am entering the "there's only one day standing between me and this gigantic trip that I have been thinking about for so long that I never thought it would actually happen" stage. I won't say I'm not nervous, of course, but I also won't say I'm not excited and thrilled and exhilarated and ready to finally, finally start this semester.

My flight information:

American Airlines #360
MSP to Chicago O'Hare International
Departure (MSP): January 8, 1:50 PM CST
Arrival (ORD): January 8, 3:15 PM CST

Aer Lingus # 124
Chicago O'Hare International to Dublin (DUB)
Departure (ORD): January 8, 5:59 PM CST
Arrival (DUB): January 9, 7:20 AM GMT

I'm staying with three other students in an apartment complex called Wyckham Place, but am unsure as to whether the apartment address is the same as my mailing address; I'll get back to you on that. Also, if you're interested in getting a postcard or something, be sure to send me your address (or campus box number for you Augsburg types).

Sláinte!
(This is my word of the day. Or of the week. Or possibly of the semester.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kayla. I haven't gotten to say goodbye. I love you and I'm going to miss you so much. I started crying when I read your Facebook status. Please never forget our lively talks and play reading. Love you, Emily